About Me

My photo
I am so blessed to be doing what I love! I am a wife, a mother and aspiring photographer! I have always had a passion for photography ever since I was a little girl. I love capturing one little detail in life that will bring so much joy and emotion to each family. I work in the North Metro Atlanta area and Gainesville area specializing in maternity, newborn, children, couples and family photography. Please email me at jenniferbgammon@yahoo.com if you are interested in setting up a session!

Saturday, March 12, 2011

71/365

Today was a sad day and a day to celebrate.  Our family and friends said goodbye to my G-dad in a memorial service to celebrate his wonderful life.  The service was held in the same church that my grandparents were married in 64 years ago.  I had the honor of reading a passage during the service... I get so nervous to speak in front of larges groups.  When my grandmother asked me if I would like to read, of course I said yes, but I was extremely nervous.  I feel like I sound nervous, look nervous and sometimes cry.  But, as I walked up to the podium, a calm came over me that I have never experienced before at times like this.  I do believe that my G-dad was there with me and let me know that I could do it and I had no reason to be nervous.  I will always remember this day and I am so happy that I was able to be a part of his celebration of life service. We will miss him dearly, but know that he is in heaven rejoicing with all the other angels!!

church

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous church! And I knew you would be great :) You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy that you had that special experience. I'm sure he was there with you. This is a BEAUTIFUL church, and how special that they were married there. Reminds me of that song by the Browns, "The Three Bells"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful church and I know he was looking down and so proud of you.
    And yes, I cannot wait for a boat ride and dinner with you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete