About Me

My photo
I am so blessed to be doing what I love! I am a wife, a mother and aspiring photographer! I have always had a passion for photography ever since I was a little girl. I love capturing one little detail in life that will bring so much joy and emotion to each family. I work in the North Metro Atlanta area and Gainesville area specializing in maternity, newborn, children, couples and family photography. Please email me at jenniferbgammon@yahoo.com if you are interested in setting up a session!

Monday, February 21, 2011

52/365

Today was a day full of sadness for my family.  My grandfather, Major General Calvert Benedict, passed away this morning.  He was an amazing husband, father, grandfather, great grandfather, and friend.  We love him so dearly and will miss him so much.  Please pray for my family and for my grandmother during this very sad time.  However, it is also a time to celebrate his life.  What a wonderful life he had and we are all so blessed to have had so many wonderful years and memories with our G-dad.  We love you G-dad and miss you very much!

Here is an old picture, but I thought it would nice to remember him at his best!  I will treasure this picture forever.  My children are so lucky that they were able to know their Great Grandfather!!

IMG_8769

And, what better to bring a smile to my face when I need it the most... my sweet little Blakie!


blakie

4 comments:

  1. Aw Jenn! Your dad looks a lot like him. You know I'm here for ya whenever you need me ;) Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. He looks so happy in that picture. What a memory to cherish. May he rest in peace. I'm praying! My son calls my father-in-law "G-dad."

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sorry to hear your sad news. It sounds like he was blessed with a good life and loving family. My prayers are with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am truly sorry for your loss. My heart aches for you and your family and I hope you are able to find some peace in your hearts in the coming days. He sounds like he was a wonderful man, and thank goodness you have this great picture of him looking so happy with your kids.

    ReplyDelete